How to become an air hostess in India, flight attendant is hands-down among top things women are googling. And we weren’t so surprised to discover this. Our reason for saying this, is that: in STEM-related professions, the discrimination against women is very serious. Very often, you’d see employers underestimate women, thinking women are incapable of doing the jobs well. And even if a woman gets employed, she continues to face discrimination from her workmates.
In short, a lot of industries haven’t been welcoming for females, so it’s no surprise that women are starting to look towards other suitable industries. And not only that, jobs like this also happen to be more attractive to women. So if becoming an air hostess is what brought you here, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we’d be discussing things needed to be known, to become an air hostess. So grab a drink, and spend the next few minutes reading this content.
How To Become An Air Hostess In India [Steps & Requirements]
For anyone interested in becoming an air hostess in India, there are actually requirements. And it’s important to know these requirements, before investing more time into this career. The following are the requirements needed, to become an air hostess in India:
- At least 157.5 centimetres in height:One of the most important requirements for a lady willing to become an air hostess, has to do with height. Being more elaborate, you must have a height of at least 157.5 centimetres. And your weight has to be proportional to your height. However, there’s no specific maximum height, although the tallest woman in the world wouldn’t be allowed to become an air hostess.
- Between 18 and 26 years of age:Another requirement every aspirant has to meet, is the age requirement. For you to be employed as a air hostess, it’s very important to be within the ages of 18 and 26 years. If you are younger, then you have to wait till you’re old enough. And for those who are above 26 years of age, there’s nothing you can do about it.
- Ability to get along with people:As an air hostess, you’d meet with a lot of people. Some would be nice, some would be mean, some would be weird, some would be insulting, etc. But can you cope with all these people? If no, then this career is not meant for you.
- Eligible for an Indian Passport:Here comes another requirement you can’t avoid. For any lady willing to become an air hostess in India, it’s very important to be eligible for an Indian Passport. If you aren’t, then you have to work on it.
- Ability to work for long hours:The ability to work for very long periods, is very important for someone who aspires to become an air hostess. Without this ability, you can’t pursue this path. It’s however possible to develop this ability, if you don’t have it at the moment.
- Good communication skills:Discharging your duties as an air hostess is a thing that would require great communication skills. If you’re lacking in this aspect, then you really have to be willing to work on yourself. And this also includes the ability to speak good English. The understanding of some other popular languages in this world, would also go a long way in helping you.
- Fair to clear complexion:Air hostesses are needed to good-looking. Airlines want their passengers to be in good moods, and seeing beautiful air hostesses and handsome stewards, can go a long way in achieving that. So to become an air hostess, there’s need for you to have a fair or clear complexion.
- High school certificate:It’s very possible to become an air hostess, without a college degree. However, one certification you can’t avoid, is high school certification. Without this certification, you would find it impossible to get a job as an air hostess. In other words, get high school education, if you don’t have one.
- Pleasing personality:There are people with all sorts of personalities. But as an air hostess, yours has to be pleasing. Airlines want their passengers to like and feel free to talk to their air hostesses. So if you are often perceived as unfriendly, you have to be willing to work on that.
- Pleasant Voice:A pleasant voice is another thing that could go a long way in helping your career. And a pleasant voice is not only very useful, it also happens to be a very important requirement. The lack of a pleasant voice, can easily disqualify you.
- Good health:The job of an air hostess can be very stressful. You’d have to walk around and interact with people for several hours. In other words, it takes good health to discharge your duties. So if you have things like epilepsy, or some other medical conditions that could stand in your way, you probably shouldn’t spend more time trying to become an air hostess.
- Unmarried:Your marital status would also determine if you can become an air hostess or not. Women who are married would not be allowed to become air hostesses. And for those who are yet to be married, you have to be willing to remain unmarried for about 8 to 10 years more.
In summary, all the things we have listed above, are the requirements for someone looking forward to becoming an air hostess. So try to meet all these requirements, and the next time you see an airline recruiting, you should feel confident to apply.
However, even though a college degree is not required to become an air hostess, it would be very helpful, if you could obtain a degree related to your profession.
- How To Become An Actuary In India (Guide)
- How To Become An Astronaut In India
- How To Become An Actor In India
Tag: How To Become An Air Hostess In India