Aviation career in India is one of the best in the country. And it’s of no surprise that we have so many people inquiring about it. However, like every other important profession, there are steps and requirements needed to become a pilot. And if this is what brought you here, you have come to the right place. This article was written specifically written for people like you. In other words, be rest assured you’d find every possible information you’d like to know.
But to give you an idea of the things we’d be discussing in this article, we’d be looking at the steps required to become a pilot in India. We’d also be looking at things like salaries and requirements. And for those who’d love us to recommend some good aviation schools, we’d also be recommending them. So get a seat, and spend the next few minutes consuming this content.
Aviation Careers In India
- Aerospace Engineers
- Aerospace Operations Technicians
- Air Traffic Controllers
- Aircraft And Avionics Equipment Mechanics and Technicians
- Flight Attendants
- Airline Administrative Support
- Airline Operations Agent
- Flight Dispatcher
- Aviation Meteorlogist
- Ramp Planner
- Airline Flight Instructor
To become a pilot in India, the following are the steps needed to be taken:
- Obtain high school education: For a lot of professions in India, the first step to becoming a professional in them, is to obtain high school education. And when it comes to aviation, the same thing applies.
High school education is what equips us with the most basic things required to function as professionals. For instance, it’s the place where we learn basic mathematics needed across a wide range of fields. High school education also happens to equip us with communication skills. And as we all know, good communication skill is vital for anyone who’d like a successful career in almost every field.
However, you should note that when undergoing high school education, you would have to study subjects like Mathematics, Physics, and the English Language. Without studying these subjects, you’d have a take some courses on them, to become a pilot in India.
- Attend an aviation school: For a lot of professions, after high school, the next thing would be to attend one of the popular higher institutions in the country. While the next step is similar for a person aspiring to become a pilot, you should understand there are special schools for pilots. In other words, rather than proceeding to study an aviation-related degree at one of the popular higher institutions, you should attend one of those meant for aviation students.
But to gain admission into any aviation institution in India, there’s a national wide entrance examination students would have to take. This examination is known as the Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRU) entrance test. The purpose of this test is to help ensure that only people fit to become pilots, are accepted into aviation schools. In other words, the test helps prevent students from joining aviation schools, then later getting denied a license, because they’ve not even been fit from the start.
As regards the Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRU) entrance test, this test is broken down into three parts. The first part of the test is a written entrance examination which would be conducted across the country. The written exam would hold at all major cities across the country, so every student in India should be able to find somewhere close to them.
Upon completion of the written exam, the next part has to do with taking a pilot aptitude test. Performing excellently in this aspect is also important for an aspirant who’s really interested in becoming a pilot in the country.
As regards the third part of the Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRU) entrance test, this part has to do with having an interview with an interview board. It’s unclear what exactly the point of this interview is, but it’s often recommended that you brush up your communication skills, before going for the interview. Another important tip is that you should dress corporately, and try as much as possible to be confident.
Aviation Schools In India
There are a good number of aviation schools available in the country. And to name some of them, we have:
- Government Aviation Training Institute, Bhubaneswar
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi, Rae Bareli
- Rajiv Gandhi National Flight Training Institute
- Institute of Aviation and Aviation Safety
- Puducherry Thakur College of Aviation
- Government Flying Club, Lucknow
- Orient Flight School, Chennai
You also don’t have to worry about which one of these institutions are good, because all institution we listed above, are all great aviation schools.
So during your programme at any of these schools, you’d be taught a lot of theories and practicals. And you would obtain a flying license in the process. With hard work, you should come out successfully as a pilot.
Upon completing your aviation programme, you can then proceed to obtain a license to fly commercial flights. Your license to fly commercial flight is what’s going to open up a lot of opportunities to you.
It is worthwhile stating that India is not the only place where you can educate yourself, to become a pilot. The Indian aviation industry also has recognition for people who studied at reputable aviation institutions in countries like the United States and the United Kingdom. And in fact, we have a good number of Indians who take this part. Among reasons why some students take this part is that some foreign programme are easier and less expensive than many of those we have in the country. In other words, if you can travel out of the country to study, you should also consider studying at a foreign aviation institution.
Work-life and Salary
Aside the fact that the job of a pilot is a high-paying one, it’s also worthwhile stating that pilots have great work-life. Unlike many other industries where employees are abused, you’d hardly see such in the aviation industry. And the reason for this is that subjecting pilots to harsh conditions can put the lives of people at risk, and no one would like to have blood on the hands. In other words, pilots are often treated excellently.
The monthly salary of a new commercial pilot, would often be about Rs 15,000. But with time, you can earn as much as Rs 60,000 per month.
That’s all about Aviation Careers In India.
- Animation Careers in India – Jobs & Prospects
- Biotechnology Careers In India – Jobs & Opportunities
- Psychology Careers In India – Jobs & Opportunities
- Architecture Careers In India – Jobs & Prospects
Tag; Aviation Careers In India